Our contact details
Name: Far Shore Merchants
Address: First Floor, Unit 17D, Tromode Estate, Tromode, Douglas, Isle of Man, IM4 4RG
Phone Number: +44 1624 645390
E-mail: [email protected]
The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Personal identifiers, contacts and characteristics (for example, name and contact details)
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- Filling in the contact form on this website
- Subscribing to our newsletter
- Filling in the ‘Become a subscriber’ form on this website
We use the information that you have given us in order to respond to your queries and contact you with relevant information.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
(a) Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting [email protected]
How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored in our website database.
We keep personal identifiers for 6 months. We will then dispose your information by removing the data from the database.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at the details listed above if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at the details listed above.
If you are not satisfied with our response, or you believe that we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the law, you also have the right to make a complaint to the Isle of Man Information Commissioner. Their contact details are set out below:
Postal address: PO Box 69, Douglas, Isle of Man, IM99 1EQ
Email address: [email protected]
Telephone number: 01624 693260
Cookies are small files that websites save to your hard disk or to your browser’s memory. The cookies used on our site are listed below. Please note you have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Internet browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser settings to decline cookies or to notify you when a cookie is being placed on your computer. If you do choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the features of our site or other websites that you visit. To learn more about cookies and how to disable them we recommend you visit the Information Commissioner’s website here.
Before Cookies are placed on your computer or device, you will be shown a pop up box requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies you are enabling us to provide the best possible experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however, certain features of our site may not function fully or as intended.
Our site uses analytics services provided by Google Analytics. Website analytics refers to a set of tools used to collect and analyse anonymous usage information, enabling us to better understand how our site is used. This, in turn, enables us to improve our site and the services offered through it.
|Cookie name||Cookie description|
|_ga||Used to distinguish users.|
|_gat||Used to throttle request rate.|
|_utma||Determines the number of unique visitors to the site.|
|_utmb||This works with _utmc to calculate the average length of time you spend on our site.|
|_utmc||This works with _utmb to calculate when you close your browser.|
|_utmyz||This provides information about how you reached our site.|